Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Good Eats - Pig and a Jelly Jar














 
Nick has most Fridays off, and I have every other friday off. On the ones that I am working we usually try and meet up for lunch. This last Friday we checked out the new Pig and a Jelly Jar restaurant near Liberty Park. It is by the same people who did Meditrina which holds a special place in my heart because it was where Nick and I had our first reunited date (we dated about 7 years ago for a couple months).















I had the chicken apricot rosemary sausage grinder with brie, caramelized onions and lemon aioli. Nick had the Friday special of fish and chips.

Though the fries were a bit undercooked, the food overall was pretty tasty and affordable. The restaurant is very cute and intimate and I dig those paintings.














While I still think I like Meditrina better, I'd go back to Pig. The Liberty Park area was going through some promising up and comingness prior to the recession. I think now that things are starting to turn a bit we'll start seeing even more cute little restaurants like this pop up, and some hip slc people flocking to the area (like me! I've been thinking about moving into a triplex nearby).

Oh hey there stud.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment