Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Travel - San Francisco


Last month Nick and I went on a weekend trip to San Francisco. I had never been there before and had always wanted to go, and nick loves it there so we booked our tickets and jumped on a plane! Well it wasn't quite so spontanious but you catch my drift...

We did all the touristy stuff, plus some non touristy stuff. The first night our flight got in around 7. Once we got settled in at the hotel we went out to dinner at Bluestem Brasserie. It was super tasty! I had the most delicious tapioca pudding with a caramelized top.

The next day we went to the bridge, chinatown, shopping, and a spur of the moment Giants game. After the game we met up with a few of Nick's friends for drinks (I can't remember the name of the bar). After drinks we went into the mission and got tacos from Taqueria Pancho Villa which was very tasty. After tacos we went to a couple of bars. One was called Dr. Teeth & the Electric Mayhem. It had a bunch of weird glitterized manequin sculptures with gas masks. I didn't take any pictures there but I wish I did. We also went to a bar called Beauty Bar. It is modeled after a hair salon and has giant vintage looking blow dryers everywhere.

Day three we went to the farmers market at the ferry building. YUM!!! Miette Bakery has the most delicious treats! After that we went to Haight Ashbury and ate at a gastropub called Magnolia. I absolutely loved the atmosphere there. I left the Haight Ashbury area feeling very inspired. It's awesome that there are so many people who are able to pursue creative lifestyles and actually make it work. That night we took it easy at the hotel and went to bed early (we were both fighting colds).

Our last day we went back to the ferry building and ate at The Slanted Door. We only had a few small things but it was very delicious and I highly recommend going there. Then we went to Japan town, the park where you can see the painted ladies (i.e. full house houses), then went on a mad hunt for the crookedest street but google maps led us astray and we never made it there.

I didn't do the best job photo documenting the trip but here's what I did get.

p.s. don't judge me for wearing the same outfit the entire time I was there. I didn't pack very well and it was a little chilly so my Lulu Horse Print scarf came in handy.




Walking around the financial district



Chinatown

 

Go Giants!

Nick looking fine at the ferry building

Farmers market day at the ferry building
The Hyatt across the street from the ferry building - cool elevators!

View from the top floor of the Hyatt

Japan Town



View of the MOMA from the top of our hotel

View from our hotel - we stayed at W


Pretty view on the way home

No comments:

Post a Comment